Friday, October 31, 2008

Payson Pre Game Thoughts

It's great to be able to coach a group of kids that are so willing to strap it up and get after it. I've had a few people ask me if I thought we would win. First, that's the stupidest question you could ask a head coach. What do you think I'll answer?
Second, I don't care about the score. That's for the fans and the reporters and the rankings. All I care about is execution, attitude, and effort. I believe we have a great game plan. I believe we have great kids that have put in the time to learn the plays and the defensive scheme. I believe our kids are hungry to show a Payson team that if Snowflake is on your schedule you don't ever want to count us out. So, we play one play at a time and win the battles we can control. At the end of the night, win or lose, we'll have what we've worked for, Respect.

PS. I think we'll win and give the newscasters something to talk about.