Tuesday, September 22, 2009

REPUTATION CAN'T TAKE THE FIELD

This is the week of the question, "Well coach, how are you guys going to do against Blue Ridge?" 
I love that question because I get to talk about how good we've been practicing and how much I enjoy a good game. 

I spent a few minutes at practice this week teaching the kids about reputations.  I thought it might be worth repeating what we talked about.   

Blue Ridge has a great reputation as a winning program.  You've really got to give their coaching staff and kids credit for creating and continuing a great tradition.  Their kids are fast and strong.  I have a lot of respect for all of them. 

Over the past three years I've watched our program turn a huge corner.  The athletes enjoy playing and THEY AREN'T AFRAID OF A REPUTATION.  Our athletes have earned the right to line up against a great team and believe they can win.  We're just as fast if not faster.  We're just as strong if not stronger. And we are just as big if not bigger.  

So, when you ask me how we will do, don't be surprised when I say, "We're going to win!"